Thursday, November 19, 2009

Life Continues On....

Life continues on at its usual pace and I am doing my best to keep busy, keep happy and allow the time to pass by.

The International Man of Mystery flew in yesterday for 23 hours and we managed to squeeze in a day at the Sentosa Resort and Spa, which was good fun, despite the monsoonal rain. Photos to follow on that.

The good news is that I have finally arranged for my first trip to Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City, or Saigon, as it used to be called before the war. Now, I've heard some pretty horrendous things about HCMC, and Vietnam in general, but I want to go and see it for myself. The opportunity presented itself to head off next weekend so I am going to be brave and go. I don't go in with great expectations, as I hear that HCMC is more intense, and far more troublesome than Bangkok, but as I always say, traveling is not always about resorts and spas and pristine beaches. Its about going to different countires to learn the cold hard truth about its history, its culture and its people. I am going to have to face the fact that I am going to be, once again, treated like a walking dollar sign and be hassled constantly, so if I expect it, I can't get too annoyed at it. Right?

I will be back to upload photos shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment