Sunday, November 8, 2009

The End of Another Weekend

Oh how weekends pass by so quickly.

Its lucky I didn't end up flying to the place I had originally booked - Kota Bharu - as its currently five foot deep in water. It wouldn't have made for a pleasant weekend.

Instead I opted for Kuala Lumpur, I place I have been now on at least four occasions, but still felt happily enough to visit. As my previous entries said, I just settled into one of my favourite hotels, the Sheraton Imperial, and the rest is just pure luxurious history.

Well, that's not exactly true. It has been about luxury, yes, but I also ventured out of KL to see the Batu Caves, the Hindu Temple which is situated up in the caves surrounding KL. I nearly went into coronary distress as I climbed up the 300 or so stairs which lead up to the caves (crazy - 6 months ago I was a triathlete) but once I made it, I was rewarded with a great cultural experience and a change in climate thanks to the moist atmosphere in the caves.

I took a few happy snaps but to be honest, I wasn't really in a photo-snapping mood. Watch this blog for the snaps to appear.

I then went and walked around the Butterfly Garden near KL Sentral, and again, it was more for relaxation than for any photographic purpose.

There was a quick visit to Merdeka Square (showing the British Colonial influence in its architectural design) and then it was back to the Sheraton for a bit of R & R.

All in all, a fun (slightly expensive) trip which allowed me to get away from the frenetic pace of Singapore.

The most amazing news of all (and this shows just how little I did this weekend), I managed to read the entire book on the Middle East, some 300 pages - which is more than I have read in goodness knows how many years!

In fact, I enjoyed the book so much I'm off to re-read some more chapters.

Till later,

KOTB

No comments:

Post a Comment