Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Grumpy

I am a little grumpy tonight, which is a surprise given I have worked so hard at staying positive for most of the week. I think the 2 sleepless nights have finally caught up with me. However, I have to pack my house up once again. Yes, I am moving out. Again. No, really, again. This time, most of my stuff is being hidden discreetly in a back room at work. The rest of my stuff has been split into two groups - stuff to take to Vietnam, and then things to take with me to Australia (and then possibly on to London thereafter). The trick is that I can't take very much to me with Vietnam. Not because of baggage restrictions but because it could probably get stolen!

Anyway, before I send my mother into cardiac arrest about how Ho Chi Minh City isn't the safest of places to travel around, I'm pleased to announce that I am organising a driver to take me out of Ho Chi Minh City and out on to the Mekong Delta. I am organising the driver through our work (we have an office in HCMC) so it will be fully safe, legit and much easier to deal with than the local tour operators.

I am going to HCMC with very low expectations. I read a blog the other day that compared Vietnam to Marmite. You either love it or hate it. Its never in between. The intensity of the place surpasses Bangkok, but apparently the beauty of Vietnam is hidden around corners and out into the communities rather than the cities themselves.

We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment