Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Am A Liquorice All-Sort

I have no idea why I put that as my blog title tonight. Nope, no idea. I think I started off with "I am out of sorts" and then it all was down hill from there. The moral of the story is, yes, I am feeling a little out of sorts. All sorts. Liquorice all sorts. Or maybe I am just plain old weird.

I feel a little lost now that my companion has left. The Boy has gone back home and I would be lying if i said that I wasn't feeling a little empty now that he is gone. I liken it to the feeling after your own birthday party, when all the celebrations have died down and you are left in the party room at the end of it, all alone. Its like you know you had an amazing time, but you know that its over.... until next time.

I am struggling to remember why I am in Asia, when those things that I care for dear - my family, my friends, the Boy - are all back in Australia. I need this feeling to pass so that I can continue to live life to the fullest in Asia. I know my time here isn't done, despite feeling terribly homesick. I just can't seem to get rid of the homesickness at the moment.

The only way I know how to kick the homesickness is to get back to what I love the most - travel. This weekend, I am heading to the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia, an area that is internationally renowned for its tea plantations.

Another weekend away will do my good.... and of course i will take the camera.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment