Friday, September 11, 2009

Happiness Is.....

Happiness is.... a bag of lollies and a plane ticket to yet another destination.

Put that together and you have me, sitting in Singapore's budget terminal, ready to board my flight to Bangkok, with a bag of lollies in my hand. Happiness.

This weekend its all about big bad Bangkok, the place you hear about from backpackers, watch in Hollywood movies and read about in adventure books. The only problem is that, it doesnt matter how many times people write about Bangkok, sing its praises, describe exciting stories... Bangkok is still a smoggy, over populated dump. Yes, I am heading to the city where military coups come around more times than Christmas Day each year, a place that invented the words "cheap cheap" and "same same but different", and where just about anything goes.

The good news is that I've been to Bangkok before and so I know what to expect. The better news is that I am really excited to go back, having adjusted to the Asian way of living. Bangkok, way back in 2005 was my first real "taste" of Asia and I think I was so overwhelmed by it all that I forgot to have a good time. This weekend, I intend to kick back, relax and this time, watch the Thai world go by.... and photograph it!

Depending on the mood I am in, I may photograph Bangkok as that crazy dump i know it can be, or I may be in the right frame of mind to look beyond the dirt and frenzy to find the beauty of it.... who knows!?

So, without further ado, I am off to catch a flight and portray Bangkok as best as possible through my lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment