Friday, July 3, 2009

When You Are Flat On Your Back, All You Can Do Is Blog...

I am actually a budding interior designer. Well, I would like to think so! Actually, I am not, but I once did an interior design course at the local school and I loved it - and learned so much!

When I "grow up", I want a house... not an apartment, and I want to design it beautifully....

The only problem is, I can imagine that once I go and design and fit a room, I will probably want to start again just for the fun of it... this interest could one day become an expensive habit...!

Maybe one day (umm.. not sure when that may be!), I shall have a city apartment so that I can stay then when i need to work and then have a country house for the weekends and holidays....

THE COUNTRY HOUSE

The country house would be designed in old traditional style....with a load of neutrals and whites but with discrete but complex fabrics...





I would have a beautiful white sitting room....just a small one....with a big fat white Persian cat to sleep in the sunshine...!











And my guest rooms will be elegantly designed....










The guest bathrooms would be small, but designed well....













I would adore a vanity room, off the master bathroom, where i could do my hair and makeup...

















Given the light neutral colours of the other rooms, I would want a strong formal dining room while still keeping the chateau theme...


















And a relatively bold formal dining room, for those weekend dinner parties!!!











These designed featured on:

www.channel4.com/4homes
http://www.laurabarnettdesigns.com

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Please note that each of these pictures are outlined on this website and each are attributable to their respective designers. I do hold out that these designs are my own, nor do I hold any ownership in the above. Please refer to the above website for all details of each room!


See what happens when I fracture my back?? I get bored and begin to do crazy things like design houses...

Watch this space for the modern apartment design ideas....

K

No comments:

Post a Comment