Friday, October 16, 2009

G-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s

I had to laugh at M this morning when he described my travels around Asia as "glamorous". As I sit on a concrete floor, having waited 2 hours for a fishing boat to take me to a village somewhere in South Malaysia, I can't help but think that there is NOTHING glamorous about travelling Asia. Your clothes stick to you due to the humidity, you drink from vending machines that contain random artificial fruit juices, you are shoved in between 300 other Asians, and there is simply no method to their organisational madness. This particular jetty has 13 boats each round, and whoever can put their passports on the desk. In a pile of 13, gets on the boat the fastest. As a group of 7, we literally have to sit and wait to be put in a pile of 13, and then wait for the next boat (which can be anything over 2 hours or more each round). This isn't glamorous. Sure, its adventurous but there is no glamour!

1 comment: