Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Brisbane - Plain Metropolis

Australia has a number of major cities - Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin, Perth, Hobart.

This website has been to all of these cities (from memory).

This is the first time I've posted photos of Brisbane because I havent been to Brisbane for quite a long time (I think it was around 2008 when I was here last).

Brisbane is...well... its a plain metropolis. In no way do I wish to offend any of my wonderful readers who live here, but Brisbane doesn't give me the same feelings that Sydney or Melbourne give me. Brisbane seems to be too orderly and plain. There doesnt seem to be enough "chaos" to be classed as a major city. I know that sounds quite weird, that in some way, in order to be classed as a city, I think it needs to be chaotic, rowdy, messy and dangerous. But...well, chaos can give character. And I think Brisbane lacks the kind of character that a city needs in order to be considered "exciting" in my books.

I also think that because I was so tired after the charity ride organising, I spent most of my time sleeping or just chilling out in a cafe or at the Hospital with the kids, rather than walking around to capture any kind of "vibe" from the city.


It didnt help that on the day that I took photos, it was quite overcast.




I did like this part. It seemed a little like a plastic metropolis here.



And a church... each city needs a church....




This, however, caught my eye, and it was only that I was so exhausted that I didnt go and see it - the Retrospective Valentino Collection. I remember seeing the Christian Lacroix exhibition in Singapore, and so I would have really liked to have gone in and seen this. I will see whether its coming to Sydney (or if, sadly, its already been).


No comments:

Post a Comment