Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Journey - Alice Springs to Darwin on the Famous Ghan


After learning about its past, it was time to jump on board the "Legendary Ghan".



I wonder why a train has such legendary status? It was a good train journey, I admit, but I do question why its looked on in such "legendary" status. I have a feeling it is because its a train journey which has played a huge part in linking Australia's North to Australia's South.










Here I am, standing beside the Famous Ghan.



Here I am at Katherine, (my namesake, but different spelling). Tourists had the option to go off and spend 3 hours touring around Katherine, but I spent the time sleeping.



The Ghan, stationed at Katherine.



The lounge area inside the Ghan, one of the newer carriages.



The beautiful landscape across the Australian outback.











/

1 comment:

  1. Simply stunning photography K. You really do have an eye for it. An amazing collection of shots from your travels. M

    ReplyDelete