Monday, June 28, 2010

The Future of KateOnTheBike

I've been taking some time out from KateOnTheBike to take care of some personal matters and well...to be honest, there's not really much to write about at the moment. I am not sure what this means for KateOnTheBike, and for the number of readers out there who check on me every now and then, (and sometimes, every day!).

The low-down is that I am in Sydney, Australia and I am taking care of my health and my well being (after a rocky period of personal neglect). I am working on some different projects, including starting up my own photography business, doing some charity work (including moving the donation money in that direction), getting some routine back into my life and generally not taking life as seriously as perhaps I was this time last year.

There are scars that need healing, sadness to overcome, and I am still reeling from not taking the flight to Asia as planned. My dreams in that regard are not over - I will do it, and perhaps then KateOnTheBike will spring back to life, but in the meantime, I'm deliberately making my life as easy and as drama-free as possible so that I can get some of equilibrium back.

What does this mean for KateOnTheBike? Well, I dont know. It seems the only thing I have to show at the moment are cupcake photos... (and as soon as I get my photography portfolio website up and running (which is one of the projects I am working on), then those photos will go there). I also don't envisage travelling in the next couple of months. I know many readers came to KateOnTheBike to live vicariously through me, traversing the world here and there and everywhere, but I must be honest - I don't expect there will be many travels to write about for a little while.

So, I don't really know what else to say, other than hold on tight, keep coming back every now and then, but for the time being, I really don't have much to write about. It could be that I'm experiencing a case of writer's block or maybe its just that I am not in a place where I want to share my thoughts and feelings to the world.

I'm surrounded by good family and good friends, and that is the most important thing. Many of you readers are included in that. For the strangers that come and read, thanks for being a part of my journey over the last 12 months. I promise to be back soon. If you want to keep in touch, please email me at kateonthebike@gmail.com.

KoTB

x

No comments:

Post a Comment