Saturday, April 4, 2009

Only Eight Days To Go

With only eight days to go, I find myself feeling a very similar way to how i felt when i was leaving for the United Kingdom in 2006. Time cannot go quick enough, yet underneath there is a lingering sadness that I am leaving my family once again to travel the world.

My mum and I were musing earlier today that all I really own at the moment is a couple of bags of clothes, a laptop computer, a camera and a few knick knacks. While she says this sadly, I smile wistfully to myself. Yes, yes this is all I own. It just goes to show just how little material possessions mean to me. Take away the apartment, car, fancy suits, Dior sunglasses, blackberry, and black stilettos and I am, after all, just another backpacker with wanderlust.

No comments:

Post a Comment